Coding with Roblox Lua in 24 Hours: The Official Roblox Guide (Paperback)
In just 24 lessons of one hour or less, Coding with Roblox Lua in 24 Hours: The Official Roblox Guide helps you learn all the skills and techniques you'll need to code your own Roblox experiences. Perfect for beginners, each short and easy lesson builds upon everything that's come before, helping you quickly master the essentials of Lua programming. Step-by-step instructions walk you through common questions, issues, and tasks; Q&As, Quizzes, and Exercises build and test your knowledge; "Did You Know?" tips offer insider advice and shortcuts; and "Watch Out " alerts help you avoid pitfalls. Learn how to...
* Code with properties, variables, functions, if/then statements, and loops
* Organize information using arrays and dictionaries
* Work with events to make things move, explode, count down, and do whatever you can imagine
* Keep your code manageable with abstractions and object-oriented programming
* Store data permanently to create leaderboards, inventories, and custom currency
* Use raycasting to allow visitors to place their own objects, such as furniture and props, within your world
About the Author
Roblox's mission is to bring the world together through play. Roblox enables anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers. Roblox is powered by a global community of more than 2 million developers who produce their own immersive multiplayer experiences using Roblox Studio, Roblox's intuitive desktop design tool. Roblox is ranked as one of the top online entertainment platforms for audiences under the age of 18 based on average monthly visits and time spent (ComScore).