Stink and the Incredible Super-Galactic Jawbreaker (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Stink series.
- #1: Stink: The Incredible Shrinking Kid (Hardcover): $14.99
- #3: Stink and the World's Worst Super-Stinky Sneakers (Hardcover): $14.99
- #4: Stink and the Great Guinea Pig Express (Hardcover): $15.99
- #5: Stink: Solar System Superhero (Hardcover): $14.99
- #6: Stink: The Ultimate Thumb-Wrestling Smackdown (Hardcover): $15.99
- #7: Stink and the Midnight Zombie Walk (Hardcover): $14.99
- #8: Stink and the Freaky Frog Freakout (Hardcover): $15.99
- #9: Stink y la pijamada tiburón / Stink and the Shark Sleepover (Paperback): $10.95
- #10: Stink and the Attack of the Slime Mold (Hardcover): $12.99
- #11: Stink: Hamlet and Cheese (Hardcover): $14.99
- #12: Stink and the Hairy, Scary Spider (Hardcover): $14.99
- #13: Stink: Superhero Superfan (Hardcover): $14.99
Spurred by a newfound awareness of false advertising, Stink Moody becomes the proverbial kid in a candy store as his letter-writing campaign yields him heaps of free rewards.
When Stink buys a mammoth jawbreaker that doesn't break his jaw, he writes a letter of complaint to the manufacturer — and receives a ten-pound box of 21,280 jawbreakers for his trouble! This unexpected benefit of acing the art of letter-writing in school sure gets Stink thinking. Soon Stink is so preoccupied with getting free stuff sent to him that he overlooks a scribbly envelope in the mail pile — until his best friend, Webster, starts acting standoffish and looks as mad as a hornet.
In this hilarious episode from Megan McDonald and Peter H. Reynolds, Judy Moody's shorter sibling truly comes into his own. As a delightful bonus for both teachers and kids, thirty-six common idioms — from "two heads are better than one" to "a leopard can’t change its spots" — are sprinkled throughout the story; seven of the idioms are humorously illustrated by Stink, and all are listed at the end to inspire a search for idioms that’s more fun than a barrel of monkeys.
About the Author
Megan McDonald is the author of Stink: The Incredible Shrinking Kid, as well as the best-selling, award-winning series about Stink's older sister, Judy Moody.
Peter H. Reynolds is the illustrator of Stink's series debut, as well as all the Judy Moody books.
McDonald has perfectly pegged elementary school, second-graders and the dynamics of family life. . . . These tales of the Moody family will hit the spot for beginning chapter book readers.
Like big sister Judy Moody, Stink sports a memorable name and a talent for self-expression. His predicaments and triumphs have a childlike air, and the quick-witted dialogue will keep readers entertained.
Clever and zany . . . A hilarious read-aloud.
—School Library Journal