Grantville Gazette II (The Ring of Fire #6) (Mass Market)
Special Order - Please call to confirm availability
Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the The Ring of Fire series.
- #3: Ring of Fire III (The Ring of Fire #3) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #7: Grantville Gazette VII (The Ring of Fire #7) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #8: Grantville Gazette VIII (The Ring of Fire #8) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #9: 1634: The Bavarian Crisis (The Ring of Fire #9) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #10: Grantville Gazette IV (The Ring of Fire #10) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #11: 1635: The Dreeson Incident (The Ring of Fire #11) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #12: 1635: The Eastern Front (The Ring of Fire #12) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #13: 1636: The Saxon Uprising: N/A (The Ring of Fire #13) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #14: 1636: The Kremlin Games (The Ring of Fire #14) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #18: 1636: The Viennese Waltz (The Ring of Fire #18) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #19: 1636: The Cardinal Virtues (The Ring of Fire #19) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #20: 1635: A Parcel of Rogues (The Ring of Fire #20) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #21: 1636: The Ottoman Onslaught (Ring of Fire #21) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #23: 1636: Mission to the Mughals (Ring of Fire #23) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #24: 1636: The Vatican Sanction (Ring of Fire #24) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #25: 1637: The Volga Rules (Ring of Fire #25) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #26: 1637: The Polish Maelstrom (Ring of Fire #26) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #27: 1636: The China Venture (Ring of Fire #27) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #28: 1636: The Atlantic Encounter (Ring of Fire #28) (Hardcover): $25.00
The new United States in central Germany launches a one-plane Doolittle Raid on Paris, France. The target: their arch-enemy, Cardinal Richelieu. Meanwhile, an ambassador from the Mughal Empire of northern India is being held captive in Austria by the Habsburg dynasty. Mike Stearns decides to send a mercenary company to rescue him, led by two seventeenth-century mercenary officers: an Englishman and a Irishman, who seem to spend as much time fighting each other as they do the enemy. Mike Spehar’s “Collateral Damage” and Chris Weber’s “The Company Men” are just two of the stories contained in this second volume of the Grantville Gazette. In other stories:
*A prominent Italian musician decides to travel to Grantville to investigate the music of the future. * An American archer and a Finnish cavalryman become friends in the middle of a battlefield. * A Lutheran pastor begins a theological challenge to the establishment based on his interpretation of the Ring of Fire. * American and German detectives become partners to investigate a murder. * And, in a complete novel by new alternate history star Danita Ewing, An Invisible War, the new United States founds a medical school in Jena despite resistance from up-timers and down-timers alike.
The second volume of Grantville Gazette also contains factual articles which explain some of the technical background for the 1632 series, including articles on practical geology, telecommunications, and seventeenth-century swordsmanship.
About the Author
Eric Flint is a modern master of alternate history fiction, with over three million books in print. He’s the author/creator of the multiple New York Times best-selling Ring of Fire series starting with first novel 1632. With David Drake he has written six popular novels in the “Belisarius” alternate Roman history series, and with David Weber collaborated on 1633 and 1634: The Baltic War and latest Honorverse series entry Cauldron of Ghosts. Flint's latest Ring of Fire novel is 1636: The Ottoman Onslaught. Flint was for many years a labor union activist. He lives near Chicago, Illinois.