What Distant Deeps (RCN #8) (Mass Market)
Email or call for price
Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the RCN series.
- #1: With the Lightnings (RCN #1) (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #2: Lt. Leary, Commanding (RCN #2) (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #3: The Far Side of the Stars (RCN #3) (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #4: The Way to Glory (RCN #4) (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #5: Some Golden Harbor, 5 (RCN #5) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #6: When the Tide Rises (RCN #6) (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #7: In the Stormy Red Sky (RCN #7) (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #9: The Road of Danger, 9 (RCN #9) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #10: The Sea Without a Shore (RCN #10) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #11: Death's Bright Day (RCN #11) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #12: Though Hell Should Bar the Way (RCN #12) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #13: To Clear Away the Shadows (RCN #13) (Mass Market): $8.99
Master and Commander in space! Brilliant and brave starship captain Daniel Leary and ace spy Adele Mundy confront a pirate plot and once again save the Republic of Cinnabar despite itself.
#8 in the best-selling RCN military science fiction series.
Master and Commander to the stars. Captain Daniel Leary and master spy Adele Mundy must once again save the Cinnabar Republic despite itself. The jackals are moving in! The barbarians of the outer reaches intend to play both Cinnabar and Cinnabar’s sworn enemy, the totalitarian Alliance, against each other and bring both empires down like an enormous house of cards. The barbarian pirates have commandeered and hot-rodded starships that can outmaneuver even Captain Leary’s trusty RCN corvette. But speed and tech don’t count for everything. The Princess Cecile has the incomparable Daniel Leary and his trusted aide and friend Adele Mundy in command. Faced with such grit, bravery and intelligent misdirection the pirates might find they’ve bitten off more than they can chew.
About David Drake’s “RCN” series:
“[R]ousing old-fashioned space opera.” –Publishers Weekly on the “RCN” series.
“The fun is in the telling, and Mr. Drake has a strong voice. I want more!” –Philadelphia Weekly Press
“[S]pace opera is alive and well. This series is getting better as the author goes along…character development combined with first-rate action and memorable world designs.” –SFReader.com
About David Drake:
“[P]rose as cold and hard s the metal alloy of a tank…rivals Crane and Remarque…” – Chicago Sun-Times
“Drake couldn’t write a bad action scene at gunpoint.” – Booklist
About the Author
David Drake was attending Duke University Law School when he was drafted. He served the next two years in the Army, spending 1970 as an enlisted interrogator with the 11th armored Cavalry in Viet Nam and Cambodia. Upon return he completed his law degree at Duke and was for eight years Assistant Town Attorney for Chapel Hill, North Carolina. He has been a full-time freelance writer since 1981. His books include the genre-defining and bestselling Hammer’s Slammers series, the RCN series including In the Stormy Red Sky, The Way to Glory, and many more.