Shadow of Freedom (Honor Harrington (Audio) #18) (Compact Disc)
Email or call for price
Other Books in Series
This is book number 18 in the Honor Harrington (Audio) series.
- #1: On Basilisk Station (Honor Harrington (Audio) #1) (Compact Disc): $29.99
- #2: The Honor of the Queen (Honor Harrington (Audio) #2) (Compact Disc): $29.99
- #3: The Short Victorious War (Honor Harrington (Audio) #3) (Compact Disc): $29.99
- #4: Field of Dishonor (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #5: Flag in Exile (Honor Harrington (Audio) #5) (Compact Disc): $29.99
- #6: Honor Among Enemies (Honor Harrington (Audio) #6) (MP3 CD): $14.99
- #7: In Enemy Hands (Honor Harrington (Audio) #7) (Compact Disc): $49.97
- #8: Echoes of Honor (Honor Harrington (Audio) #8) (Compact Disc): $19.99
- #9: Ashes of Victory (Honor Harrington (Audio) #9) (Compact Disc): $49.97
- #10: War of Honor (Honor Harrington (Audio) #10) (Compact Disc): $49.97
- #11: At All Costs (MP3 CD): Email or call for price
- #12: Mission of Honor (Honor Harrington (Audio) #12) (Compact Disc): $39.99
- #13: A Rising Thunder (Honor Harrington (Audio) #13) (Compact Disc): $19.99
New York Times, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, and international bestselling phenomenon David Weber delivers the next book in the multiple New York Times bestselling Honor Harrington series.
There are two sides to any quarrel...unless there are more. Queen Elizabeth of Manticore's first cousin and Honor Harrington's best friend Michelle Henke has just handed the "invincible" Solarian League Navy the most humiliating, one-sided defeat in its entire almost thousand-year history in defense of the people of the Star Empire's Talbott Quadrant. But the League is the most powerful star nation in the history of humanity. Its navy is going to be back--and this time with thousands of superdreadnoughts.
Yet she also knows scores of other star systems--some independent, some controlled by puppet regimes, and some simply conquered outright by the Solarian Office of Frontier Security--lie in the League's grip along its frontier with the Talbott Quadrant. As combat spreads from the initial confrontation, the entire frontier has begun to seethe with unrest, and Michelle sympathizes with the oppressed populations wanting only to be free of their hated masters.
That puts her in something of a quandary when a messenger from Mobius arrives, because someone's obviously gotten a wrong number. According to him, the Mobians' uprising has been carefully planned to coordinate with a powerful outside ally: the Star Empire of Manticore. Only Manticore--and Mike Henke--have never even heard of the Mobius Liberation Front.
It's a set-up...and Michelle knows who's behind it. The shadowy Mesan Alignment has launched a bold move to destroy Manticore's reputation as the champion of freedom. And when the RMN doesn't arrive, when the MLF is brutally and bloodily crushed, no independent star system will ever trust Manticore again.
Mike Henke knows she has no orders from her government to assist any rebellions or liberation movements, that she has only so many ships, which can be in only so many places at a time...and that she can't possibly justify diverting any of her limited, outnumbered strength to missions of liberation the Star Empire never signed on for. She knows that...and she doesn't care.
No one is going to send thousands of patriots to their deaths, trusting in Manticoran help that will never come.
Not on Mike Henke's watch.