Shadow of Victory (Honor Harrington #19) (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 19 in the Honor Harrington series.
- #1: On Basilisk Station (Honor Harrington #1) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #2: The Honor of the Queen (Honor Harrington #2) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #3: The Short Victorious War (Honor Harrington #3) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #4: Field of Dishonor (Honor Harrington #4) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: Flag in Exile (Honor Harrington #5) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #6: Honor Among Enemies Honor Harrington VI, Volume 6 (Mass Market Paperbound): $7.99
- #7: In Enemy Hands (Honor Harrington #7) (Mass Market Paperbound): $7.99
- #8: Echoes of Honor (Honor Harrington #8) (Mass Market Paperbound): $7.99
- #9: Ashes of Victory (Honor Harrington #9) (Mass Market Paperbound): $7.99
- #10: War of Honor (Honor Harrington #10) (Compact Disc): $19.99
- #11: At All Costs (Honor Harrington #11) (Compact Disc): $19.99
- #12: Mission of Honor (Honor Harrington #12) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #13: A Rising Thunder (Honor Harrington #13) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #14: Uncompromising Honor (Honor Harrington #14) (Compact Disc): $39.99
- #17: A Rising Thunder (Honor Harrington #17) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #18: Shadow of Freedom (Honor Harrington #18) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #20: House of Steel: The Honorverse Companion (Honor Harrington #20) (Mass Market): $7.99
The Mesan Alignment is revealed, and, for Honor Harrington and the Manticoran Star Kingdom, this means war!
Sometimes things don’t work out exactly as planned.
The Mesan Alignment has a plan—one it’s been working on for centuries. A plan to remake the galaxy and genetically improve the human race—its way.
Until recently, things have gone pretty much as scheduled, but then the Alignment hit a minor bump in the road called the Star Empire of Manticore. So the Alignment engineered a war between the Solarian League, the biggest and most formidable interstellar power in human history. To help push things along, the Alignment launched a devastating sneak attack which destroyed the Royal Manticoran Navy’s industrial infrastructure.
And in order to undercut Manticore’s galaxy-wide reputation as a star nation of its word, it launched Operation Janus—a false-flag covert operation to encourage rebellions it knows will fail by promising Manticoran support. The twin purposes are to harden Solarian determination to destroy the Star Empire once and for all, and to devastate the Star Empire’s reputation with the rest of the galaxy.
But even the best laid plans can have unintended consequences, and one of those consequences in this case may just be a new dawn of freedom for oppressed star nations everywhere.
About Shadow of Freedom:
“This entry is just as exciting as Weber’s initial offering . . . The result is a fast-paced and action-packed story that follows [our characters] as they move from reaction to command of the situation. Weber builds Shadow of Freedom to an exciting and unexpected climax.”—Daily News of Galveston
About Mission of Honor, #13 in the Honor Harrington series:
“Weber combines realistic, engaging characters with intelligent technological projection and a deep understanding of military bureaucracy in this long-awaited Honor Harrington novel . . . Fans of this venerable space opera will rejoice to see Honor back in action.”—Publishers Weekly
“This latest Honor Harrington novel brings the saga to another crucial turning point . . . Readers may feel confident that they will be Honored many more times and enjoy it every time.”—Booklist
About David Weber and the Honor Harrington series:
“. . . everything you could want in a heroine . . . Excellent . . . plenty of action.”—Science Fiction Age
“Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant!”—Anne McCaffrey
“Compelling combat combined with engaging characters for a great space opera adventure.”—Locus
About the Author
With more than eight million copies of his books in print and 30 titles on the New York Times bestseller list, David Weber is a science fiction powerhouse. In the vastly popular Honor Harrington series, the spirit of C.S. Forester’s Horatio Hornblower and Patrick O’Brian’s Master and Commander lives on—into the galactic future. Books in the Honor Harrington and Honorverse series have appeared on 21 bestseller lists, including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and USA Today. Additional Honorverse collaborations include the spin-off miniseries Manticore Ascendant with New York Times best-selling author, Timothy Zahn; and with Eric Flint, Crown of Slaves and Cauldron of Ghosts contribute to Weber’s illustrious list of New York Times and international bestsellers.
Best known for his spirited, modern-minded space operas, Weber is also the creator of the Oath of Swords fantasy series and the Dahak saga, a science fiction and fantasy hybrid. Weber has also engaged in a steady stream of best-selling collaborations: the Starfire Series with Steve White; The Empire of Man Series with John Ringo; the Multiverse Series with Linda Evans and Joelle Presby; and the Ring of Fire Series with Eric Flint.
Weber makes his home in South Carolina with his wife and children.