The Weapon (Freehold #2) (MP3 CD)
Email or call for price
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Freehold series.
- #1: Freehold (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #3: Better to Beg Forgiveness (Freehold #3) (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #4: Contact with Chaos (Freehold #4) (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #5: Do Unto Others (Freehold #5) (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #7: Angeleyes (Freehold #7) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #8: When Diplomacy Fails (Freehold #8) (Hardcover): $24.00
- #9: Freehold: Resistance (Paperback): $16.00
- #10: Freehold: Resistance (Mass Market): $8.99
- #11: Freehold: Defiance (Paperback): $16.00
Kenneth Chinran was a disaffected youth who joined the military and was recruited for an elite deep-cover unit, completely training and exercises so tough that several of the recruits did not survive. At the peak of his career, he was sent by his star nation to infiltrate a fascistic, militaristic planet: Earth.
He lived in deep cover for years, marrying and having a daughter. Then the Earth forces attacked his home system, and he and his team came out of hiding, attacking and destroying the infrastructure of the crowded planet, disabling transportation and communications and creating terror in city after city.
As a result of his attacks, billions died for lack of the food, water, and power, which the ravaged system could no longer supply. His sabotage was successful, but the deaths of so many weighed heavily on his mind, making him wonder if he was still sane. Then the secret police discovered his identity. With his daughter, the only thing in his life that had so far kept him human, he was on the run, while the resources of a planetwide police state were tracking him down. He could see no way to escape from the planet, and if he and his daughter were caught, death was the very least that they could expect.
But Chinran is a warrior in his soul, and even if he loses this last battle, he won't go down without a fight that his pursuers--the ones who survive--will never forget.