Tiger I and Tiger II Tanks: German Army and Waffen-SS the Last Battles in the East, 1945 (Tankcraft) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
- #1: Tiger I and Tiger II: Tanks of the German Army and Waffen-SS: Eastern Front 1944 (Tankcraft #1) (Paperback): $19.95
- #2: Sherman Tanks of the British Army and Royal Marines: Normandy Campaign 1944 (Tankcraft #2) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #3: Panther Tanks: Germany Army and Waffen Ss, Normandy Campaign 1944 (Tankcraft #3) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #4: Churchill Tanks: British Army, North-West Europe 1944-45 (Tankcraft #4) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #16: Cromwell and Centaur Tanks: British Army and Royal Marines, North-West Europe 1944-1945 (Tankcraft #16) (Paperback): Email or call for price
By the first weeks of 1945, the Eastern Front had been pushed back to the Carpathian mountain passes in the south and Warsaw on the Vistula River in the center, while in the north, the German army was fighting in East Prussia. The Wehrmacht's armored and mobile formations were now employed exclusively as fire brigades, rushed from one crisis to the next as the Red Army pushed inexorably westward. Critical to the German defense were the army's heavy Panzer battalions whose Tiger tanks, with their 8.8 cm guns, were almost invincible on the open plains of central Europe.
In his latest book in the TankCraft series, Dennis Oliver uses archive photos and extensively researched color illustrations to examine the Tiger tanks and units of the German Army and Waffen-SS heavy Panzer battalions that struggled to resist the onslaught of Soviet armor during the last days of the conflict which culminated in the battle for Berlin. A key section of his book displays available model kits and aftermarket products, complemented by a gallery of beautifully constructed and painted models in various scales. Technical details as well as modifications introduced during production and in the field are also examined providing everything the modeler needs to recreate an accurate representation of these historic tanks.