The Complete Foundation: The Systematic Approach to Training the Mind (Core Teachings of Dalai Lama #2) (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Core Teachings of Dalai Lama series.
- #1: An Introduction to Buddhism (Core Teachings of Dalai Lama #1) (Paperback): $16.95
- #3: Where Buddhism Meets Neuroscience: Conversations with the Dalai Lama on the Spiritual and Scientific Views of Our Minds (Core Teachings of Dalai Lama #3) (Paperback): $16.95
- #4: Perfecting Patience: Buddhist Techniques to Overcome Anger (Core Teachings of Dalai Lama #4) (Paperback): $16.95
- #5: Stages of Meditation: The Buddhist Classic on Training the Mind (Core Teachings of Dalai Lama #5) (Paperback): $16.95
- #7: Our Human Potential: The Unassailable Path of Love, Compassion, and Meditation (Core Teachings of Dalai Lama #7) (Paperback): $19.95
- #8: Refining Gold: Stages in Buddhist Contemplative Practice (Core Teachings of Dalai Lama #8) (Paperback): $17.95
His Holiness the Dalai Lama provides intimate details on advanced mind-training practices using visualization, reason, and contemplation.
Clear, eloquent, simple, and profound, His Holiness’s teachings are easily accessible to beginning practitioners yet richly nourishing to those more advanced in practice. In The Complete Foundation, the Dalai Lama shows how visualization, reason, and contemplation can be systematically crafted to enhance personal development. Beginning with practices designed to create an effective mental outlook, His Holiness skillfully guides the student to more advanced techniques for developing the mind’s deepest potential and happiness. With impeccable attention to detail and a seamless balance between technical guidance and a delightful sense of playfulness, this book exemplifies the sophistication and elegance of Tibetan Buddhist methods for spiritual development.
This book was previously published under the title The Path to Bliss.
About the Author
HIS HOLINESS THE FOURTEENTH DALAI LAMA is considered the foremost Buddhist leader of our time. The exiled spiritual head of the Tibetan people, he is a Nobel Peace Laureate, a Congressional Gold Medal recipient, and a remarkable teacher and scholar who has authored over one hundred books.