Win at Duplicate Bridge: Bid Difficult Bridge Hands Like an Expert (Paperback)
Win at Duplicate Bridge teaches modern bridge bidding techniques to the intermediate duplicate bridge player. It describes and fully explains modern conventions, including the two over one system. The book is full of examples on how to bid difficult hands, and explains the nuances of expert bidding practices. It describes the most useful conventions and how to play them. It is an invaluable teaching and reference book for any serious bridge player.
What an intermediate duplicate bridge player will learn from this book.
- What conventions do you need for a winning edge?
- How to bid more complicated conventions such as Lebensohl, New Minor Forcing, Inverted Minors, Jacoby 2NT, Defense against NT, etc.
- When to overcall with 8 points, but pass with 16.
- How to respond with borderline hands. When to raise partner's suit rather than bid your own suit.
- When to open 1 NT with a 5 card major.
- When to preempt, and at what level.
- How to respond to a take-out double, a negative double, or a responsive double.
- The type of hands you need for balancing. How to bid difficult hands in competitive situations.
- How the Two over One system differs from Standard bidding systems
- When to use 4 Clubs as a Gerber bid. When to ask for Aces or Key Cards, and when to cue bid.
- Modern and best practices for leads and signals.
Each Chapter has Quizzes with fully descriptive answers, in order to enhance the learning experience.