Tables & Spreads: A Go-To Guide for Beautiful Snacks, Intimate Gatherings, and Inviting Feasts (Hardcover)
From the author of the bestselling Platters & Boards comes a beautifully photographed recipe collection and styling guide that shows you how to easily create lovely, abundant spreads for every occasion.
Tables & Spreads is a must-have cookbook and resourceful styling guide from bestselling author Shelly Westerhausen. Here are more than 60 easy-to-prepare recipes plus behind-the-scenes insight into creating a beautiful, inviting table for every occasion, including tips on choosing a theme, styling your food in creative ways, and achieving that "wow factor" with linens, flowers, music, and more. There are 20 visually striking spreads that range from Ladies Night Lettuce Wraps to a Christmas Morning Dutch Baby Party, Dips for Dinner, and a Boozy Bloody Mary Bar. Rich with gorgeous and instructive photography, Tables & Spreads is inspiring yet totally accessible, perfect for home cooks who like to host gatherings of all sizes, and those who loved Shelly's first book, Platters & Boards. Complete with timelines, shopping lists, diagrams, and more, this book includes all the tools you need to make every meal delicious and unforgettable.
• NEXT LEVEL ENTERTAINING: Tables & Spreads takes easy entertaining to the next level with additional recipes and robust guidance on casual styling of beautiful platters and tables for any number of guests.
• ON TREND: The simple but impactful guidelines in this book speak to the way people are eating and entertaining today—often casually, with beautiful presentation, and a "help yourself" mentality. This book teaches us how to do that elegantly and create gorgeous grazing tables whether you're preparing a "snack dinner" for one, a family brunch, or a large-scale wedding or holiday table.
• FOR ALL SKILL LEVELS: Anyone can make successful, beautiful spreads with these easy-to-follow guidelines and visual inspiration. These grazing spreads offer low-effort, high-impact results with easily sourced ingredients to feed a crowd-perfect for anyone that loves to eat and entertain.
• Fans of Shelly Westerhausen and of Platters & Boards
• Ina Garten and Martha Stewart fans who are always looking for creative & tasty ideas
• People who seek inspiration in tablescaping, arranging, menus, and party inspirations
About the Author
Shelly Westerhausen is the author of Vegetarian Heartland and the bestselling Platters & Boards, and the blogger behind Vegetarian 'Ventures. Her recipes have been featured in Bon Appetit, Food & Wine, FOOD52, Savuer magazine, and many others. She lives in Bloomington, Indiana, with her boyfriend Wyatt.
Wyatt Worcel is an electronic music artist based in Bloomington, Indiana. When not working on his music, he spends his free time helping Shelly with her many food projects.
Ideal for party planners, this cookbook offers a score of ideas. A useful addition for libraries looking for more books on entertaining. - Library Journal
"Smartly organized and thoughtfully written, this will appeal to aspiring and experienced party hosts alike." - Publishers Weekly
"Tables Spreads is a cookbook and lesson in styling a beautiful, inviting table with major wow factor, minimal fuss. Worcel’s creative ideas will make any night (special occasion or not!) totally unforgettable." - Camille Styles, New Cookbooks That Are Making Us Fall in Love with Cooking All Over Again