So you want to buy a bookstore?
We’ve thought long and hard about selling Diesel in Del Mar. Our goals include conducting a process that adheres to our values of integrity and professionalism; finding new owners who will carry on the best of the traditions we’ve created, while adding their own; and securing an outcome that is both financially and emotionally rewarding.
What Qualifies a Buyer?
- Understanding and appreciation of Diesel’s history and stature in the community;
- Relevant experience: books and retail;
- Willingness to sign a non-disclosure statement regarding confidential financial information;
- Ability to complete the sale in 2023, or early 2024
- Negotiation skills that incorporate integrity, fairness, and professionalism.
Tell Us About Yourself
- What is your interest in buying Diesel in Del Mar?
- Why is it important to you? Why now? What is your vision for the store?
- Based on what you know right now, what makes you a highly desirable buyer?
- Can you arrange for financing and purchase of the store by the end of 2022?
- Please send your name, contact info, background, experience, current occupation, etc. via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line: Bookstore Sale
We will review all inquiries for further consideration. We will meet with those potential buyers to decide on whether to proceed further. Where we think there might be a strong fit, we will share additional financial information including:
- Non-disclosure Agreement
- Detailed description of Diesel’s business and financial performance
- Next steps in the sale process
We will schedule meetings with qualified buyers and enter into negotiations for the purchase of the store until satisfactory terms are reached and a purchase agreement signed.