Virtual Event - Friday, April 24th at 5:00 pm - Rachel Conners bake-along for "Bakerita"
Join us on Friday, April 24th at 5:00 pm for a virtual event and bake-along with Rachel Conners to discuss Bakerita: 100+ No-Fuss Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, and Refined Sugar-Free Recipes for the Modern Baker!
This event is free to attend and will be held on Crowdcast. Register here.
Interest in gluten-free, paleo, and vegan goods continues to grow, yet there are remarkably few cookbooks that focus just on desserts, and even fewer with recipes for beginner bakers and home cooks.
Bakerita began in 2010 as a way for Rachel to share her baking recipes with friends. But after her sister was diagnosed with Lyme disease and switched to a gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free diet, she started experimenting with ingredients and recipes that could fulfill her sister’s cravings without sacrificing taste, texture, or convenience. When Conners began to share these cleaner versions of brownies, cookies, mousses, cakes, and more with the world, Bakerita’s popularity skyrocketed.
We will be making Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites together, so get your ingredients ready!
For the cookie dough:
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 flax egg (mix 1/2 tablespoon flax meal + 1 1/4 tablespoons water and let gel for 10 minutes before using)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips or bittersweet chocolate, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
For the chocolate dip:
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate or bittersweet chocolate, chopped (about 6 tablespoons)
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling (optional)
Rachel Conners is a baker, recipe developer, and food photographer living in San Diego, CA with her dog Hank and her boyfriend Kyle. She has been baking and blogging on her website, Bakerita.com, since 2010.